Jack Barnett, Board President
• Board member since 2013 and board president since 2016
• Former federal executive holding a variety of senior administrative positions with the Department of Army and Department of Housing and Urban Development
• Over 26 years of active and reserve service in the US Army, retiring in 1996
• Consultant to over a dozen federal government departments and agencies specializing in continuity of operations, resource management and personnel
• Past member and officer of numerous professional, neighborhood, condominium and non-profit boards
• Percussionist with the Pops Orchestra
Randall McCrea, Vice President
• Holds M.S. in chemistry with a minor in marketing from Baylor University.
• Worked for 29 years for Shell in sales, marketing, public affairs, public relations, purchasing, regulatory affairs, and organizational effectiveness, and as manager of regulatory affairs for Shell Energy Company.
• Served in the Army/Army Reserve retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel and Battalion Commander.
• Owned a company, A Class of Wine, providing wine classes and wine tastings.
Sharon Francis-Campbell, Treasurer
• Board member since 2019
• Owner of It All Adds Up Bookkeeping Services, LLC, providing bookkeeping services to small-mid size businesses and individuals.
• Bachelor of Science in Business with a Concentration in Accounting, Graduated from University of Phoenix with Honors, GPA 3.85
• Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
• Lifetime Member of the National Business Honor Society
Jennifer Lewis, Secretary
- Educator, Writer, Amateur Musician, Former Lawyer and Child Advocate
- Juris Doctor degree (University of Miami School of Law)
- F.A. in Creative Writing (National University)
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, (Howard University)
- Secondary teacher for the School District of Manatee County and Adjunct instructor for the Department of Language of Literature of the State College of Florida
- Cellist (2009-present) for the Pops Orchestra of Bradenton and Sarasota
- Classically trained in piano, violin, and cello
- Active Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and Bradenton/Sarasota (FL) Chapter of The Links, Inc.
Dr. Jane Hoffman, Director
• Member of the Board since 2014
• Dr. of Musical Arts from State University at Stony Brook
• Adjunct Flute Professor at State College of Florida
• Principal flute with The Pops Orchestra since 2012
• Founding member of Trio Voila
• Performed with Sarasota Opera, Venice and Charlotte Symphonies and the Craig Turley Orchestras
• Adjunct instructor of flute, saxophone, clarinet at Booker Middle School and Riverview High School
• Director of the Hecht School of Music 1999-2007 and Faculty Member at Humboldt State University 1984-1992
Ben Johnson, Director
• Born in Worcestor, England and moved to the US 9 years ago
• Graduated in 2017 from Manatee School for the Arts where he was President of the Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Graduated in 2019 from SCF with an AA degree
• Plays both trumpet and percussion
• Member of the Pops (percussion section) and Bradenton Symphony (trumpet)
Brianne Reck, Director
• Classically trained pianist and flutist.
• Tenured graduate faculty member and program coordinator in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at University of South Florida.
• At USF, she served as Executive Director for the Florida Center for Partnerships in Arts Integration (PAInT) for five years.
• Recently served for seven years as a trustee/director and Vice Chair/Vice President for Education and Outreach on the board of the Perlman Music Program Suncoast
Carol Whitfield, Director
• Organist/Choir master, St. Mary Magdalene Church, Lakewood Ranch
• Music Director, Key of Sea Chorus, Longboat Key
• Teacher for Manatee and Sarasota counties
• Graduate of Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA
• Graduate studies at Pennsylvania State University, Bloomsburg University, Westfield State University and South Florida School of Theological Studies
• Former board member of the American Guild of Organists
Dr. Dan Burdick, Executive Director (ex-officio)
- Appointed Executive Director in July 2021.
- Member, Board of Directors, International Women’s Brass Conference
- Secretary/Member, Board of Directors, Burleigh Legacy Alliance
- Former Interim General Manager, Erie Chamber Orchestra
- Former Administrative Director, The Art of Practicing Summer Institute
- Former Artistic/Administrative Director, Edinboro University Chamber Players
- Former Executive Director/Founder, Edinboro University Community Music School
- Co-Founder, PASSHE LGBTQA Consortium
- Enjoys hiking, reading, concerts, and theatre
- Lives in Bradenton with his husband, three children, and dog, Bailey